Our mission is to improve healthcare delivery and outcomes, and public health monitoring and surveillance through innovations in automated language processing.
We bring together researchers from distinct domains including medicine, public health, pharmacology, computational linguistics, machine learning, statistics and data science.
Our domains of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Published medical literature (e.g., articles from PubMed Central)
- Social media (e.g., Twitter posts)
- Medical records (e.g., patient notes)
Our goals include:
- Developing innovative NLP solutions for health-related language
- Creating data, resources and tools for the global research community
- Promoting research in health language processing through the organization of workshops and shared tasks, and through interdisciplinary collaborations
We are always interested in interesting health-related language processing problems. Contact us if you have one!